Search This Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Knights of Nine to Five


Today I went to the Stumptown Comics Convention here in Portland. It was my first Comic Con of any sort. There was lots of cool stuff and a lot of the people were very friendly also. I saw a lot that I liked, but nothing that truly made a huge impression. Except for this. This was easily my favorite thing there. The guy who produces this web-comic is named Trevor Kellogg and he is from Albany, Oregon, almost a few hours south of here. He was friendly as hell and more than happy to answer all my questions. He had an anthology book for sale, which I badly wanted to buy, but stupidly came to the convention sans cash. Luckily you can buy the book through the site. Anyway, here is the synopsis of what this comic is about, ripped straight from the website:

Knights of Nine to Five is a fantasy webcomic that follows the life of Gary, an employee in the quest management division of QAADR (Quest Amelioration and Dispute Resolution). Maybe you’d think a business streamlined for handling the public’s questing needs would be fun, but you’ll soon find out, as Gary has, that even in the world of fantasy, work is work. Read along as Gary fights to stay relevant in a job that has shifted from slaying monsters in the field, to pushing papers behind a desk.


I really like the illustrations and the stories are filled with imagination. Im a big fan! Trevor is quite a talented fella. Check it out and spread the word.

You can also follow him on twitter, here.

No comments: