Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Hey! Here is Some Stuff You Should Care About!: Albums from the 60's

We here at Spreadgun will be tackling our favorites of each decade, starting with the sixties. Starting today. This isnt necessarily my definitive list for the 60's, as Im pretty sure once I finally hear 13th Floor Elevators Ill think that they should be on here, but this is good for now. In fact, Im pretty happy with it. Yup, pretty pleased with myself. Sorry for the section in the middle of this list where I get annoyed with youtube. Without further ado:

1. Hoyt Axton - Thunder 'n Lightnin' (1964)

2. Nancy Sinatra and Lee Hazelwood - Nancy & Lee (1968)

3. The Stooges - The Stooges (1969)

4. Leonard Cohen - Songs of Leonard Cohen (1968)

5. The Music Machine - Turn On the Music Machine(1963)

6. Jim Ford - Harlan County (1969)

7. Frank Zappa - Hot Rats (1969)

11. Scott Walker - Scott 2 (1967)

12. Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul (1969)

13. The Velvet Underground and Nico - The Velvet Underground & Nico (1967)

14. Otis Redding - Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul (1965)

15. Big Brother and the Holding Company - Cheap Thrills - 1968

16. Michael Yonkers Band - Microminiature Love (1968)

20. Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

25. The Seeds - The Seeds (1966)

Im going to leave this spot open below for when I realize I forgot something I can acknowledge it.

2 comments:

Dolly7Fingers said...

I like your list. Nice work!

Johnny Luddite said...

Interesting choices. I found doing this hard. The second I posted, I thought "What about Pet Sounds, Court Of The Crimson King, A quick One While He's Away and a few others. I need to hear Hoyt Axton. To me, he is just the dude who was the Dad in Gremlins. Have to hear that album.