Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Bad Music Friday: www.thug.com by Trick Daddy

NOTE: This is gonna be a new weekly post. I'll probably start out going through all of the awful stuff I listened to in high school and then move on from there. The choices are always going to be albums that I have spent time listening to at some point in my life.





The idea for this weekly spotlight came to me when this album came on my iPod when it was on shuffle the other day. Thats right I have it on my iPod. This is because I still like it despite the knowledge that www.thug.com(and if you ask me, Trick Daddy in general) really is pretty bad. The one thing that keeps drawing me back to this album, though, is his delivery on a handful of songs. There is a feeling of desperation and urgancy in the way he raps that I guess appeals to some part of my brain. But, don't get me wrong, everything about this album is pretty stupid. I would argue that the album cover (above) is one of the best of all time because it perfectly captures what the album sounds like, which I believe to be the job of the album cover. The bottom line is that I enjoy blasting it in my car, because its fun to both pretend you are into bad stuff, and to pretend you are still in high school, which I guess is kind of the same thing. At least it was for me.

HERE! SAMPLE THIS BEAUTY!





I guess that is all youtube has from this album, but if you are like me, and you have a soft spot for particular bad music, this is a "don't-miss", as they say.

No comments: